Melrose Hardware is now owned and operated by two sons, Joseph and John Moses, whose paternal and maternal grandparents immigrated to America in the late 1890s from the "old country." The grandparents reared 18 children all of whom were in business serving the public. The hardware business is an off shoot of the sons' parents grocery business which began around 1920. The hardware business, with the exception of about two years closed due to the failing health of the parents, has been in continuous service since 1953 in its present location. The original store consisting of 770 square feet will move next door into the former grocery store with 2100 square feet. The newly renovated grocery store room has bright white walls and lighting and beautiful hardwood floors. Customers will want to return again and again. The original hardware store room will remain in service where repairs to storm or regular windows, screen doors and windows and kerosene heaters will continue free of charge. The customer will pay only for the materials used.
Copyright © 1998-2003 Melrose Hardware
This site was created by Bonsai Entertainment